Recipe of the Week!by GCF on 10/26/12
Baked Cod with Coconutted Kale
1 wild-caught cod fillet, I used an 8 ounce portion
2 tbsp. ghee, butter, or coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/8 cup of coconut flour (grain/gluten free)
Sprinkle white pepper
Salt to taste
For the Kale:
1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp. ghee, butter, or coconut oil
1/8 cup whole coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Melt butter then add lemon juice to it.
3. In another bowl, mix flour with salt and white pepper
4. Dip fish into butter, then coat with the flour mixture
5. Place fish in an ungreased baking dish then place in oven. Pour remaining butter over fish then sprinkle with paprika.Cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedge if you are feeling naughty.
For the kale:
1. Melt butter or oil in a large saute pan. After washing and cutting the kale, place in pan and sautee over medium heat until just about starting to wilt.
2. Add coconut milk and spices. Mix well. Cook another 5 minutes or so or until desired doneness.